Ordering a repeat prescription
Repeat prescriptions are for items that can be requested from the surgery without seeing a doctor every time.
We need at least 3 working days to process repeat prescriptions (this excludes weekends and bank holidays).
Patients, or their nominated representatives, can order repeat prescriptions in the following ways:
- You can order online via this link. To register to use the online service you will need to call into the surgery with proof of identity and address. You will then be be given login details. For reasons of confidentiality patients can only access their own details so each family member needs their own personal login details.
- In writing: please use the counterfoil request slip and clearly mark the items required. If using the post allow enough time and enclose a SAE for return.
For safety reasons we cannot accept repeat prescriptions over the telephone. Also, please do not telephone the surgery to check if your prescription is ready.
Please consider the following time scales when requesting repeat prescriptions as we will be unable to process requests received too early.
Quantity of Supply
Repeat Permitted After
If you want to know if your prescription is ready you should call your pharmacist in the first instance. 80% of prescriptions are sent out electronically. Please only call the surgery if the pharmacist does not have the prescription. Multiple calls about repeat requests blocks the appointments line.
Following a review of services we have decided that pharmacies will no longer be involved in ordering repeat prescriptions on behalf of patients.
Pharmacies will continue to dispense and where applicable deliver to your home.
Patients can nominate their pharmacy and the prescription can be sent electronically from the surgery to the pharmacy saving the patient the bother of having to come in to collect it. Please enquire at the reception.
- Acorn Pharmacy, Katherine Drive Dunstable. Tel: 01582 663501
- Asda Pharmacy, Court Drive, Dunstable. Tel: 01582 697000
- Boots Pharmacy, Broadwalk Dunstable. Tel: 01582 663351
- Boots Pharmacy, West Street Dunstable. Tel: 01582 668680
- Edlesborough Pharmacy, 11 Cow Lane Edelsborough Dunstable. Tel: 01525 223181
- Herington’s Pharmacy, High Street South, Dunstable. Tel: 01582 663651
- Jhoots Pharmacy, Broadwalk, Dunstable. Tel: 01582 661149
- Langdale Pharmacy, 64 Langdale Road Dunstable. Tel: 01582 663372
- Lloyds Pharmacy, High St North Dunstable. Tel: 01582 600268
- Mayfield Pharmacy, Mayfield Road, Dunstable. Tel: 01582 661677
- Sainsbury's Pharmacy, Luton Road, Dunstable. Tel: 01582 477082
- Tesco Pharmacy, Skimpot Road, Dunstable. Tel: 0845 6779226
- West Street Pharmacy, West Street, Dunstable. Tel: 01582 699854
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Prescribing of Over the Counter Medicines
Your GP, nurse or pharmacist will not generally give you a prescription for over the counter medicines for a range of minor health concerns. Instead, over the counter medicines are available to buy in a local pharmacy or supermarket. The team of health professionals at your local pharmacy can offer help and clinical advice to manage minor health concerns and if your symptoms suggest it’s more serious, they’ll ensure you get the care you need.
Please help the NHS to use resources sensibly.
Your GP, nurse or pharmacist will not generally give you a prescription for certain medicines that are available to buy in a pharmacy or supermarket, even if you qualify for free prescriptions. This applies to treatments for these conditions:
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.