Universal infection control precautions underpin routine safe practice. They protect both staff and patients from infection. They are carried out with all patients, regardless of perceived or known infection risk factors and include:
- Hand washing and drying
- Use of alcohol sprays/gels
- Protective clothing, e.g. gloves, aprons, goggles.
- Protection of open wounds
- Safe disposal of clinical waste and "sharps" (needles, scalpel blades)
- Prevention of sharp injury (e.g. needlestick)
- Disposable couch curtains and blinds
- Disposable replacement for all linen
- Environmental cleaning
- Single use equipment and instruments
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.