What are ‘Online Services’?
We at Priory Gardens Surgery are encouraging patients to register for online services. Patients can
- Book appointments online for GPs and nursing appointments
- Order repeat prescriptions
- View electronic health records
- Share their record with others too
- Provide proxy access for family members or carers with separate access logins
Traditionally patients could do this by going online via a computer or laptop. However in recent years apps have now been developed for Apple iOS and Google Android devices which means you can literally access your records from anywhere if you like where you can access the internet from using a device that literally fits in your pocket!
Evergreen offers you to log in to your electronic health record to access the online services using any computer or laptop as well as offering apps for your smartphone or tablet too. The functionality is the same although it can be easier to do somethings on a computer (e.g. reading letters) whilst the ease of access to view your records when you are out and about means a smartphone is more useful in everyday use.
- Imagine being able to see what your doctor or nurse has done for you so that you no longer need to try to remember everything but can read the information about you.
- Imagine being able to just go online right now, wherever you are and order your repeat prescriptions or send a secure message to the surgery knowing staff will be able to pick it up and act on it when the surgery opens!
- Imagine not having to worry about when the results will be back after you have had a blood test or an X-ray because you can now go online and check for yourself
- Or imagine going on holiday and if you fall ill, being able to log into your records and show what your GP can see even though you may be on the opposite side of the planet.
Our staff have been trained to provide support including helping you to register online for the services. If you still have any problems then please send an email to email@example.com and we will get back in touch with you. You can get further help by asking your family, friends, going to the library or other self-help organisation.
We have now installed free Wi-Fi for all our patients. You can access the internet for free whilst in the waiting room. Simply search for NHS Wi-Fi, register for a free account and then you can go online.
Here are some of the benefits for you as a patient to using online services:
- Build a Partnership of Trust between you and your clinician knowing you can see everything that can be shared with you
- Helps you to know what is going on about your healthcare needs
- You no longer have to try to remember everything about your care needs
- As a carer, you can look after your loved one more easily if they grant you access to their records
- You can easily cancel an appointment you have if you can no longer use it so that somebody else can take it instead
- You can check if results are back for your tests or perhaps a letter from the hospital if you have been there recently instead of having to ring the surgery
- You can use the other resources on this website to help gain a better understanding of your healthcare needs by getting a better health literacy.
- You can save time and money by doing more for yourself supported by the practice
Article in Pulse Today - Online Access
Article in BMJ - Collaborating to provide online access
The meaning of your results - online!